- Building a Stackable, Open Air Mining Case
- Building a Mining Rig Stand / Rack with Wheels
- Parts List & Assembling the Ethereum Rig
- Performance Tweaks to Maximize profitability
- Cryptocurrency Mining Rig Build – 2nd Rig & Video Overview
The hardware is identical to the 1st one, but instead of 1060s I am running 6x GTX 1070s. Here is the component list for the 2nd Rig.
- Motherboard - MSI Z270-A PRO ATX Motherboard
- Power Supply - Corsair RM1000x Gold + Certified
- Processor - Intel Celeron BX80677G3930 7th Gen
- RAM - 8GB DDR4 Crucial 2133
- Hard Drive - M2 SSD 64GB Transcend
- Operating System - Windows 10 Home x64 (Pro is an option, but more expensive)
- Graphics Card Option - EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC2 GAMING
- Graphics Card Option - EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC GAMING
- Graphics Card Option - EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW GAMING
- Graphics Card Option - EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW2 GAMING
- Graphics Card Option - EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 GAMING
- PCIe Riser Adapter - PCIe 1x to 16x USB Adapter MintCell ver 006C, set of 6
- Wifi Adapter - TP-Link N150 Wireless Nano USB Adapter (TL-WN725N)
- Power Button - Illuminted Latch KNACRO 16mm Chassis Switch Blue LED
- Thumb Screws - Black Anodized Aluminum Computer Thumbscrews, set of 10
- Standoff Mounts - StarTech 6-32 Brass Motherboard Standoffs, set of 15
- PCIe Power Splitter - JacobsParts PCIe Splitter Cable 6-pin to 2x 6+2-pin
- USB Angle Adapter - (x3) Right Angle USB Electop 2 Pack USB 3.0 Right Angle Adapter
In addition to higher hash rates (average 32Mh/s per card), they generate a LOT more heat. Had to install a 4x fan setup to push the heat away towards the room's exhaust vent.
Here are the videos I put together outlining the entire process.
Thanks for looking!